These fabrics were hand selected by Prudence, my daughter. She will be donating $5 from each purchase to The World Wildlife Fund. The rest helps her buy more supplies to continue donating
If this item is sold out please consider buying another print to help us fund more fabrics. Then look up your own local bee caretakers or the World wildlife fund and send them a donation. Be sure to screen shot your donation and post it in the link below for a chance to win a free set of towelss.
Sets are 6 towels each and measure about 10x12 inches.
These unpaper towels are 100% cotton flannel.
Paper Towel Waste in the United States
In the United States, we use more than 6,500,000 TONS of paper towels every year. That’s a lot of trees and a lot of waste.
- According to the EPA, paper and paperboard products make up the largest percentage of all municipal solid waste, at a whopping 25.9 percent.
- To make one ton of paper towels, 17 trees are cut down and 20,000 gallons of water are consumed.
- It would take 51,000 trees planted per day to replace the number of paper towels that are tossed each day.
- Decomposing paper towels in our landfills (remember, more than 13 million pounds per year) produce methane gas. Methane gas is a leading cause of global warming.
- In the U.S. alone, paper towels yield a $6 billion market. **source** https://mollyssuds.com/2019/06/22/the-paper-towel-trash-problem-and-how-you-can-help/