Its time to replace your paper towels with Un-paper towels!
Sets are 6 towels each approximately 10"x12".
100% cotton flannel.
Machine wash, no softener. Machine or hang dry for longevity.
🐼 Sewn by Prudence, my 7 year old who donates $5.00 from each sale to The world wildlife fund. 🐼
Paper Towel Waste in the United States
In the United States, we use more than 6,500,000 TONS of paper towels every year. That’s a lot of trees and a lot of waste.
- According to the EPA, paper and paperboard products make up the largest percentage of all municipal solid waste, at a whopping 25.9 percent.
- To make one ton of paper towels, 17 trees are cut down and 20,000 gallons of water are consumed.
- It would take 51,000 trees planted per day to replace the number of paper towels that are tossed each day.
- Decomposing paper towels in our landfills (remember, more than 13 million pounds per year) produce methane gas. Methane gas is a leading cause of global warming.
- In the U.S. alone, paper towels yield a $6 billion market.